Sunday, August 5, 2007

Partying and Driving

Sathya Saran(ssaran@dnaindia.net), editor of Me DNA wrote a very interesting piece with the caption Me 2U in Me dated August 5 2007. The piece is about driking the real stuff in parties.

She says "Of course I party. ... At hig profile parties, it is tough to be able to stick to a soft drink. Most people wonder why I am not drinkig the real stuff. I oput on my most angelic look and tell them I do not drink because I drive.... the person I am talking to is most likely to retort, 'one drink does not hurt anybody.'"

she gave reasons why it not wise to drink even one and then drive.

she further writes, "All this I do not always bother to tell my hosts or other friendly people who think that pressing a drink on me is one way of showing they care."

She comments that she is happy to see a number people who between them decide who is drinking that evening and who is driving. Times are changing and people are thinking of their safety as well as others' safety.

She mentions a new law that will that will make more people understand the necessity of not drinking when they have to drive.

A very interesting way of communicating socially relevant issue.

No comments: